Programs for Kids
Come take a look in our special area just for the very young! You’ll find inviting books galore, plus toys to put your imagination into action and a kids’ computer loaded with 70 learning games. And here are some of our free programs to keep you visiting often!
Rise and Shine Reading Time
- For ages 2-5, accompanied by parent or guardian
- Fall through Spring, at 11:00 AM on alternate Thursdays
- Call for more information and to pre-register
Our beloved certified teacher, Mrs. Boyle, will joyfully and actively introduce your preschooler to the world of sharing stories, songs, learning games, and cooperative activities. Participants always take home a theme-related craft.
Summer Reading Program
Children of all ages are encouraged to take part in both at-home and in-library offerings, all summer! Help your children grow their love of reading during those lazy, hazy days!
- Reading Clubs are for any age child, from those sharing a book in Grampa’s lap to independent reader in a hammock. Sign up at the library as the schoolyear ends; get your folder, stickers, and other fun stuff, and track your reading all summer. Participants who read all summer are invited to a pizza and awards party in mid-August.
- Weekly programs happen on Fridays at 11:00 AM, for six weeks in July and August. Join the fun at the library for themed programs just right for gradeschool-aged kids. A story or two, interactive games, and a craft to make and take will add to your family’s summer fun. Schedules will be sent home with your child from school in mid-June. No need to register. Free.
Throughout the year, the library offers free programs for elementary-age kids, from hands-on science fun to magician favorite, Checkers. Or you might get up close and personal with an owl, tarantulas, or an assortment of critters from the Buffalo Zoo. Follow our calendar, Facebook, or look for a flyer sent home from school.